Type: Brunch, Breakfast, Dessert
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Ready in: 20 min.
This delightful sweet-savory combo is perfect for brunch.
- Slice strawberries, if using. Add all the berries into a bowl with sugar and 3 tbsp water. Let berries sit 10-15 min.
In a heavy-duty medium pot, add butter and heat on medium-high. Stirring constantly with a whisk, add flour and let mixture cook 1-2 min., until beige. Add 1 cup milk, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened. Add remaining 1 cup milk, again stirring and cooking until thickened and smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, add the Beemster Vlaskaas, and stir until cheese is melted.
To serve, unfold the crepe. Add a few spoonfuls of berry mixture to half the crepe, pouring cheese sauce on top. Fold each crepe into quarters. Drizzle with more cheese sauce and garnish with a few more berries. Repeat with remaining crèpes and serve immediately.
- 3 cups (450g) fresh mixed berries
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp (45g) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (470ml) whole milk
- 2½ cups (300g) shredded Beemster Vlaskaas
- 6 store-bought crèpes