Type: Appetizer, Mac'n Cheese
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Ready in: 45 min.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in 3-quart saucepot over medium heat.
- Add flour and salt and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture is thickened and bubbly, about 3 minutes.
- Add Beemster Mild, Smoked and ½ cup XO and stir until melted.
- Add pasta to 3-quart baking dish.
- Pour sauce over pasta and stir gently until evenly coated.
- Combine remaining Beemster XO (Aged 26 Months) with bread crumbs, garlic and parsley. Sprinkle evenly over pasta.
- Bake 25 minutes or until mixture is bubbling and golden brown.
- 6 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded Beemster Mild
- 2 cups shredded Beemster Smoked
- 1 cup finely shredded Beemster XO (Aged 26 Months)
- 1 lb pipette pasta or elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, pressed (optional)
- 2 tbsp dried parsley