Type: Appetizer, Soup
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Ready in: 30 min.
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in medium saucepot and cook chorizo, shallot and garlic 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and cayenne pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and tomato and simmer gently 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley.
- Ladle soup into ovenproof bowls.
- Brush bread with remaining olive oil.
- Arrange bread on soup and top with Beemster.
- Broil until cheese is melted.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz chorizo, cut into thin strips
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 4 slices whole wheat baguette
- 4 oz (about 1 cup)
- Beemster XO, grated