Type: Risotto, Seafood
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
Ready in: 45 min.
- Grate half of the Beemster XO.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy-based pan. Sauté the onions until slightly translucent. Add the rice and keep stirring until all the kernels are coated and shiny. Pour in the sherry and let the rice simmer gently until the liquid has evaporated. Add half of the chicken stock and let the rice simmer gently for 20 minutes until done. Stir regularly and keep adding a bit of stock whenever the liquid has evaporated.
- Blend in the grated cheese and basil and let the risotto rest in a covered pan for 5 minutes. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the crayfish with the chili powder for 2-3 minutes. Use a parer to shave a few attractive curls off the flat side of the Beemster XO.
- Spoon a mound of risotto onto 4 pre-warmed deep plates and top with equal amounts of crayfish. Garnish with the cheese curls.
- 200 g Beemster X-O
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 250 g risotto rice
- 100 ml medium dry sherry
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 15 g fresh basil, finely chopped
- 100 g crayfish / shrimp
- ½ tsp chili powder