Type: Main Course, Risotto
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 40 min.
Ready in: 45 min.
Sharp Paradiso Vintage balances out this sweet and creamy risotto.
- Peel and dice the onion. Halve the leek lengthwise and rinse under water to remove any dirt or grit. Cut the light green and whites of the leek into thin slices.
- Bring chicken broth to a simmer in a small saucepan and remove from heat. Add the butter to a large, heavy-bottom pot over medium heat. Cook the onions and leeks for 7-8 min until soft.
- Add the rice and stir to combine with the onions and leeks. Cook for 1 min. Add the wine and cook until liquid has evaporated, 1-2 min.
- Add 1 cup of the chicken broth and stir until liquid has evaporated. Continue adding the broth, ½ cup at a time, until all of the liquid has been evaporated and rice is tender, about 27-30 min.
- Meanwhile, puree 1 cup peas with lemon juice in a food processor until smooth.
- Stir 1 cup shredded Paradiso Vintage into the risotto and mix until melted. Fold in the pea puree and 1½ cup remaining peas and stir to combine.
- Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with remaining ¼ cup Paradiso.
- 1 small onion
- 1 leek
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 ½ cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 ¼ cup Paradiso Vintage, shredded