Type: Side Dish, Smashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 50 min.
Ready in: 55 min.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place potatoes in 4-quart saucepot. Add ½ tsp salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 min. or until potatoes are tender. Drain potatoes and dry with paper towels.
- Drizzle a large rimmed baking sheet with 2 tbsp oil. Arrange potatoes on baking sheet and lightly smash each potato with the heel of your hand until potatoes are about ½-inch thick. Brush potatoes with remaining 2 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with rosemary.
- Bake 25 min. until potatoes are golden brown and crisp, flipping them over halfway through baking time. Sprinkle potatoes evenly with Paradiso and bake until cheese is just melted, about 3 more min.
- 1½ lb baby red potatoes (about 15 potatoes)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 cup finely shredded Paradiso