Type: Main Course, Burrito
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 40 min.
Ready in: 55 min.
- Brown beef in a large saucepot over medium-high heat; drain grease from meat, if desired. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic into the pot. Cook 5 min. over medium heat or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, and salt to taste.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 min. Stir in beans and cook 5 more min. or until heated through.
- Divide mixture evenly among tortillas. Sprinkle with Paradiso and garnish with red onion slices and lettuce, if desired. Fold in ends of tortillas and roll up.
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1½ tbsp ground cumin
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Paradiso
- Red onion slices and chopped lettuce, to serve (optional)