Type: Main Course, Meatballs
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 60 min.
Ready in: 80 min.
- Mix beef, breadcrumbs, basil, egg, salt and pepper by hand until mixed well, but do not overmix.
- Take a scoop of mixture and flatten into a 1.5" round patty in the palm of your hand.
- Place 1 cube of Paradiso cheese in the center of patty.
- Wrap the meat around the cheese and press into a ball.
- Repeat with remaining meat and cheese cubes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and brown each meatball.
- While browning meatballs, bring sauce to a simmer in a saucepan.
- Add browned meatballs to sauce, cover and simmer at least 45 minutes and up to 1.5 hours.
- Serve with a spoonful of sauce and topped with freshly grated Paradiso cheese.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp basil, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- Salt & pepper
- Paradiso Reserve, cut into 10 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil for browning
- 2-3 cups of your favorite marinara sauce
- Fresh grated Paradiso for topping