Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Ready in: 25 min.
- Preheat the grill to high. Season steak with salt and pepper. Brush onion slices with oil. Place onion slices and steak on grill. Grill steak to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Grill onions until tender, about 5-7 min.
- Cut ciabatta lengthwise in half. Evenly arrange Beemster on both sides of ciabatta. Place on top rack of grill and grill until Beemster is melted, just a few minutes. Slice steak and arrange on bottom half of the ciabatta; top with onions and top half of ciabatta. Slice and serve.
- 1½ lb skirt steak
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 loaf ciabatta or garlic ciabatta
- 2 cups grated Beemster Smoked