Type: Quesadilla, Grilled Cheese
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Ready in: 20 min.
Heighten your quesadilla game with oozy cheese on the inside and a cheesy crust on the outside.
A swipe of mayonnaise plus finely grated cheese creates crispy magic.
In a bowl, combine roasted red peppers, green chiles, and (optional) jalapeños. Stir in shredded Beemster Graskaas.
Divide Graskaas mixture over half of both tortillas. Fold tortillas over and press down. Coat the top of the tortillas with around ½ tbsp mayonnaise each and pat as much grated Beemster Classic as will fit.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully place the quesadilla in the pan mayonnaise-side down. Press down on quesadilla with a spatula and cook until quesadilla is golden, about 1-2 min. Carefully and quickly spread about ½ tbsp mayonnaise on the top of the quesadilla in the pan and sprinkle with Beemster Classic. Flip quesadilla with spatula, cooking until golden brown, 1-2 min.
Transfer quesadilla to a plate. Add remaining 2 tbsp oil to pan and repeat cooking process with remaining tortilla, mayonnaise, and cheese. Cut each quesadilla into 4 triangles and serve with garnishes.
- ¼ cup (35g) jarred roasted red peppers, sliced
- ¼ cup (35g) canned green chiles, chopped
- 1–2 tbsp pickled jalapeños, chopped (optional)
- 1½ cups (180g) Beemster Graskaas,* shredded
- 2 (8-inch/49g) flour tortillas
- 2–3 tbsp mayonnaise
- ¾ cup (135g) Beemster Classic, finely grated
- 4 tbsp (60ml) canola oil
- Garnishes: Chopped cilantro, scallions, sour cream, more jalapeños, and avocado (optional)
*Use Beemster Mild or Farmers' Choice when Graskaas is out of season.