Type: Sandwich, Panini
Prep Time: 7 min.
Cook Time: 13 min.
Ready in: 20 min.
Tender veggies and oozy, melty cheese are a perfect match for this luxurious sandwich.
- Slice the Swiss chard into 1-inch pieces, removing the thick end of the stem. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 sec. until fragrant. Add the chard and cook until wilted and tender, 5 min.
- Spread bread on one side with the softened butter. Flip one slice over, so the buttered side is face down on a cutting board or clean surface. Add ¼ of the Swiss chard and top with ¼ of the roasted red peppers. Top with ½ cup of each Beemster and place the remaining slice of bread on top, buttered side up.
- Place in a Panini press or skillet and cook for 2 min. or until Beemster is melted and bread is toasted. If using a skillet, flip to brown the other side. Remove to a cutting board and cover loosely with foil. Repeat the process for remaining 3 sandwiches. Cut in half and serve immediately.
- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 8 slices rustic sourdough loaf, or other homestyle bread
- 8 oz roasted red peppers, sliced
- 2 cups Beemster Farmer’s Choice, grated
- 2 cups Beemster Classic, grated