Type: Party Food, Pastry
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Ready in: 35 min.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter and wine together over medium-high heat until the butter is completely melted and the mixture has come to a brief boil, whisking frequently. Whisk in mustard if using. Set aside.
- Lightly dust the counter with flour before gently rolling out one of the thawed puff pastry sheets. You want the rectangle to be just slightly bigger and the seams to be rolled smooth.
- Pour about half of the melted butter mixture over the pastry and spread it evenly over the surface.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over the surface evenly.
- Gently roll the puff pastry, starting from the long edge, into a tight log. Use a sharp knife to cut the resulting log into 3/4-inch thick spirals.
- Lay these on the prepared baking sheets. Repeat this process with the remaining puff pastry sheet.
- Brush each spiral with egg wash and bake for around 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the cheese is bubbly. Cool completely.
- 2 sheets prepared puff pastry, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard (optional)
- flour for dusting counter
- 2 cups Beemster XO (Extra Aged, 26 months), finely shredded
- 1 egg, beaten lightly with 1 teaspoon water (for egg wash)