Type: Lunch, Dinner, Soufflés
Prep Time: 35 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Ready in: 55 min.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the onions and red peppers for 4-6 minutes until soft and tender, and most of the moisture has evaporated. Purée the mixture in the food processor, add the egg yolks and 100 g of the Beemster Aged and combine into a smooth mixture. In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and, using a spatula, gently fold in the bell pepper mixture.
- Add pepper and salt to taste. Grease the soufflé ramekins, spoon in the red pepper and cheese mixture. Grate the remaining cheese and sprinkle on top of the soufflés. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and done. Place each ramekin on a plate and serve immediately.
- 200 g Beemster Aged
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into small cubes
- 2 eggs, separated
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- Oil for greasing the ramekins