Type: Breakfast Food, Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Ready in: 20 min.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Whisk together egg and butter.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture, stir to combine, do not over mix.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat.
- Coat pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Add 1/4 cup batter and cook until bubbly, flip and remove when golden brown. About 3 minutes each side.
- Transfer to a plate or cooling rack and place in 200F oven to keep warm while making topping & eggs.
- Toast pine nuts in a hot pan.
- Add olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, kale, salt and pepper, and toss until kale is wilted.
- Cook eggs to desired doneness.
- Divide pancakes onto 2 plates. Top with tomato kale topping and an egg.
- Finish with generous sprinkling of Beemster XO.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup kale, torn or chopped
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp olive Oil
- Beemster XO, grated
- 2 eggs, sunny side up or overeasy
- Salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste.