- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" (for thin brownies); or an 8" square or 9" square pan (for thicker brownies).
- Transfer all of the ingredients into a large bowl in the order in which listed in ingredients. Stir to incorporate, then beat the mixture until it's smooth.
- Add the batter into the prepared pan. Bake the brownies for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until just barely beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan. Insert a knife into the center of the brownies, it will come out clean or with a few moist crumbs clinging to it; you shouldn't see any wet batter.
- Remove the brownies from the oven; let them cool before cutting. Store any leftovers, at room temperature for 3 to 5 days.
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup natural cocoa
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp of ground coffee
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of cardamom
- 3 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of shredded Beemster XO
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract