Type: Dessert, Cobbler
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 50 min
Ready in: 65 min
This glorious summer cobbler brimming with peaches and plums has a secret ingredient—Beemster XO baked into the crust. It's a sweet dessert with a hint of savory that everyone will be raving about. (Great with apples and pears, too!)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a heavy-duty medium pot, add sliced fruit, sugar, and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat and simmer 10 min. Reserve.
- Meanwhile, add butter into a 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Place in the oven 5-10 min., until butter melts.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir buttermilk into flour mixture. Fold in Beemster XO, mixing until combined. Carefully remove baking dish from oven and pour batter into dish over the melted butter. (No need to stir.) Top with the reserved fruit and liquid.
- Bake cobbler 45-50 min., until top is puffy and golden.
- 4 cups (600g) peaches, sliced
- 4 cups (600g) plums, sliced
- 1 cup (190g) granulated sugar
- 1 stick (½ cup/113g) butter, sliced
- 1½ cups (190g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (8g) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1g) salt
- 1½ cups (350ml) low-fat buttermilk
- 2 cups (360g) Beemster XO, finely grated