Type: Main Course, Meat, Casserole
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Ready in: 35 min.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 sage or basil leaves
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 4 oz (about 1 cup) Beemster Vlaskaas, shredded
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup marsala
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 Tbsp butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400F. Season cutlets with salt and pepper. Top each cutlet with 2 sage leaves, 2 slices bacon, and Beemster. Roll cutlets up tightly and secure with toothpick.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat and brown pinwheels. Transfer to a baking dish and bake 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add marsala to skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, scraping up any brown bits. Stir in stock and boil until liquid is reduced by one-third. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Serve sauce over pinwheels with mashed potatoes and snow peas. Remove toothpicks before serving.