Type: Side Dish
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 30-40 min.
Ready in: 45-55 min.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease 2-quart baking dish.
- Place potatoes in medium saucepot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat; boil 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain, when cool enough to handle, halve and slice potatoes.
- Heat 2 Tbsp butter in large skillet over medium heat and cook mushrooms until golden brown.
- Add thyme and season to taste with salt and pepper; with a slotted spoon, set aside mushrooms.
- In same skillet, melt remaining butter and cook onion until tender.
- Add ham and cook 1 minute.
- Layer the ingredients in the baking dish:
- Place half of ham-onion mixture in baking dish, cover with half of the sliced potatoes and half of the cheese and half of the mushrooms. Then remaining potatoes, mushrooms, ham-onion and finish with remaining cheese.
- Pour the wine over the mixture and bake on lower rack of oven for 30 to 40 minutes until lightly browned and potatoes are tender.
- 2 lbs new potatoes
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large onions, halved & sliced
- 4 oz ham, cut into thin strips
- 16 oz (about 4 cups) Beemster Vlaskaas, shredded
- 2/3 cup dry white wine