Type: Side Dish
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 55 min.
Ready in: 70 min.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Without cutting all the way through the potato, cut slices into each potato, about 1/8 inch thick. Potato should still be intact all along the bottom.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place pieces of bacon and Beemster Smoked in between each potato slice.
- Bake potatoes 45 to 55 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and garnish with candied jalapenos.
TO MAKE CANDIED JALAPENOS
- Over medium heat combine water and sugar until dissolved.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Add jalapenos & steep/marinate overnight.
- 2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 4 strips bacon, sliced about 1" wide
- 4oz Beemster Smoked, about 1" square thin slices
- Salt & pepper, to taste
FOR THE CANDIED JALAPENOS
- 2 small jalapenos, thinly sliced into rings, stems & seeds removed
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water