Type: Lunch, Bowl
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Ready in: 35 min.
This colorful salad with pops of sweet pomegranate will brighten up any meal.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Peel the beets and cut into ¼-inch cubes. Lay beets on a foil-lined baking sheet and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the farro for 20 min. After 10 min. stir in the quinoa. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl toss together the grains, beets, radishes, tomatoes and pomegranate seeds. Add remaining 2 tbsp oil and lemon juice and toss to coat. Top with shredded cheese and herbs.
TIP If pomegranates are not in season try grapes for a sweet alternative.
- 1 lb golden beets
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup farro
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 pint (25-30) heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 wedge Beemster Signature (12m), shredded
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Fresh herbs/microgreens to garnish as needed