Type: Side Dish, Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Ready in: 30 min.
- Place potatoes and garlic in 4-quart saucepot. Add 1 tsp salt, if desired, and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 min. or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and return back to the pot. Add butter and beat with electric mixer on low speed until potatoes are smooth. Stir in 1 cup Beemster until melted. Stir in half and half and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon into serving bowl and sprinkle remaining ¼ cup Beemster over potatoes.
- 3 lb red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1¼ cups shredded Beemster Signature
- ¾ cup half and half
- 2 tbsp chopped chives, chopped