Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Ready in: 30 min.
Apples and Beemster perfectly pair in this sweet and savory tart, a not-too-sweet ending to a special meal.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a bowl, toss the apples with sugar, cardamom, rosemary, and thyme.
- Unroll the pie dough and press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9- or 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Sprinkle Beemster evenly over the bottom of the tart crust.
- Lay the apple slices over the cheese in overlapping circles. Drizzle with 2 tbsp honey. Lightly brush beaten egg along the edges of the tart crust.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and Beemster has melted, about 20 min. Let cool slightly and drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp. honey.
TIP: You’ll find ready-to-bake pie crusts in the refrigerated section of your supermarket. Simply unroll the crust and you’re all set.
- 2-3 apples (preferably Honeycrisp), cored & cut into ¼-inch slices
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme, plus thyme sprigs to garnish
- 1 ready-to-bake pie crust (for 9" pie)
- 1 cup Beemster Mild, shredded
- 4 tbsp honey, divided 2/2
- 1 large egg, beaten