Type: Side Dish
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Ready in: 30 min.
Apples and Beemster perfectly pair in this sweet and savory tart.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Core the apple and cut into thin slices.
- Place the apples in a bowl with sugar, cardamom, and rosemary.
- Unroll the pie dough and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Distribute Beemster evenly over the pie dough, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Lay the apple slices over the cheese in an overlapping circle. Drizzle with 2 TBSP honey. Beat the egg in a bowl and brush over the 1-inch border.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and Beemster has melted, 20 min. Let cool slightly and drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp honey. Garnish with thyme sprigs as desired. Serve in wedges.
- 1 apple, preferably Honeycrisp
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme, plus thyme sprigs to garnish
- 1 premade (10”) pie crust
- 1 cup Beemster Mild, shredded
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 large egg