Type: Side Dish
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Ready in: 30 min.
Healthy eating never tasted so good! Beemster Lite is made with 2% milk, so lower in fat & calories, but definitely full of flavor! This salad with rich winter squash, pumpkin seeds & tart cranberries is a festival of fall flavors!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Halve the squash lengthwise and remove the seeds with a spoon, discarding the seeds. Slice the squash into ¼ inch slices. Cut each slice in half. Lay on a foil-lined baking sheet and toss with 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 20 min. until golden brown and tender. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice the red onion. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the Beemster into thin pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining oil, red wine vinegar, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard.
- Arrange the greens on a platter and toss with the red wine vinaigrette. Top with the roasted squash, toasted pepitas red onion, dried cranberries, and Beemster shavings.
TIP: Can’t find acorn squash? Substitute butternut for a sweet alternative.
- 1 acorn squash or butternut squash
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup toasted pepitas
- 1 large red onion
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 wedge Beemster Lite (2%)
- 2 (4 oz) bags mixed greens
- 1 cup dried cranberries