Type: Main Course
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 45 min.
Ready in: 60 min.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add broccoli and cook 4 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons butter in medium saucepot over medium heat.
- Add onion and salt and cook 4 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups Beemster until melted and smooth.
- Arrange broccoli in 1-1/2 quart baking dish. Pour sauce over broccoli.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter and stir in cracker crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs and remaining Beemster over broccoli.
- Bake 30 minutes or until broccoli is tender and crumbs are golden.
- 8 cups small broccoli florets
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded Beemster Lite
- 1 cup buttery cracker crumbs (about 20 crackers)