Type: Entrée, tostada/taco
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Ready in: 30 min.
This easy entrée is a cinch to put together for a weeknight meal. The Beemster Hatch adds a touch of mild pepper heat & is a great melter. Pair with an ice cold cerveza!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Coat both sides of the flour tortillas with cooking spray and then poke each tortilla with a fork a couple times. Bake in the oven about 5 min. per side, until golden & crispy.
- Meanwhile, add black beans plus their liquid into a medium skillet along with 3 tbsp water. Cook over medium-high heat, using a potato masher to mash the beans once they are warm and soft. Stir corn into mashed beans and remove from heat. Top beans with 1 cup Beemster Hatch and cover with lid so cheese melts.
- Arrange crisp tortillas on a platter. Spread a layer of refried bean mixture on each one. Divide all the garnishes among tostadas—tomatoes, avocados, radishes, red onion, and (optional) jalapeños. Top each tortilla with remaining 1 cup shredded Beemster Hatch and a dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately.
- 4 (6-inch/23g) flour tortillas
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 (15.5 oz/439g) can black beans, not rinsed
- 1 ear of corn, kernels removed or 1 cup (145g) thawed frozen corn
- 2 cups (250g) Beemster Hatch, shredded
- 1 pint (275g) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ avocado, diced
- 4 radishes, chopped
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup (30g) sour cream