Type: Main Course, Frittata
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Ready in: 25 min.
This beautiful frittata that features ribbons of asparagus and creamy Graskaas will impress any brunch guest.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Laying the asparagus flat on a cutting board, shave off ribbons with a vegetable peeler, discarding the thick ends. Cut the Beemster Graskaas into ½ inch cubes.
- Add the oil to a 12-inch, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the mushrooms for 5 min. until tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a large bowl with the milk. Season with salt and pepper. Add the asparagus to the pan with the mushrooms and pour in the eggs. Mix to combine all ingredients.
- Add the cubes of Beemster Graskaas cheese evenly around the pan. Transfer pan to oven and bake 15 min. - 20 min., or until cheese is melted and eggs have set. Cut into wedges and serve warm or room temperature.
Tip: Substitute Beemster Mild for a subtle change.
Tip: Replace asparagus with broccoli florets for a seasonal substitute.
- 2 bunch asparagus
- 8 oz Beemster Graskaas
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mixed mushrooms
- 12 eggs
- 3 tbsp whole milk