Type: Lunch, Snack, Tailgating, Entertaining
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 50 min.
Ready in: 70 min.
Say hello to your new party crowd-pleaser! Portable and perfect for tailgating!
- 1 tbsp (15ml) oil (your preferred cooking oil: EVOO, canola, sunflower)
- 2 cups (300g) chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (10g) chili powder
- 1 tbsp (6g) ground cumin
- 1 tbsp (6g) ground dried oregano
- 2 (14.5 oz/411g) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15.5 oz/439g) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5 oz/439g) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 (⅞ oz/25g) snack-size corn chips (such as Bugles, Fritos)
- 2 cups (240g) grated Beemster Smoked
- Garnish: Chopped cilantro, chopped tomatoes, chopped red onion, sour cream, jalapeños
- Add oil to a heavy-duty medium pot and warm over medium-high heat. Add onion, stirring occasionally, and sauté until soft, about 5-7 min. Stir in minced garlic and cook 1 min. Add chili powder, cumin, and oregano and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook until fragrant, about 1 min.
- Add diced tomatoes, pinto beans, and kidney beans. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let chili simmer until thickened, about 40-50 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Open each snack bag at the top. Sprinkle in some Beemster Smoked. Spoon chili into bags. Generously top with more Beemster. Garnish with cilantro, tomatoes, red onion, sour cream, and jalapeños. If there’s still room – add more Beemster!
TIP: Make the chili ahead (up to 3 days), so you can reheat quickly on game day!