Type: Pastry, Gougère
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
Ready in: 35 min.
Paradiso Vintage adds a savory bite to these light-as-air pastries.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Bring butter, milk and water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce the heat to low and add the flour. Stir in the flour, using a wooden spoon, until the dough begins to dry out and pulls away from the sides of the saucepan, about 2 min.
- Pour dough into a bowl and let cool 2 min. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Mix in 1 cup Beemster Paradiso Vintage. Pour batter into a pastry bag or a plastic bag. Cut a ½ inch slit off the end of the bag.
- Pipe 1-inch mounds onto 2 parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving a 2-inch gap between each mound.
- Sprinkle the remaining Beemster over the top and bake for 20 min. until golden brown.
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Beemster Paradiso Vintage, shredded