Type: Appetizer, Cheeseball
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 5 min.
Ready in: 15 min.
Servings: makes 16-20 cheeseballs
These bite-size beauties are a pop of flavor. Serve them on their own with crackers or studded with pretzel sticks.
Cook bacon to a crisp according to package directions. Let cool briefly and finely chop bacon. Set aside.
In food processor, pulse pecans until finely chopped. Add Beemster Goat, lemon and cream cheese to food processor. Blend until mixture comes together and forms a ball shape.
Transfer cheese mixture to a bowl and stir in chopped bacon. Cover and refrigerate for 30 min.
Meanwhile, rinse out food processor. Add scallions and herbs and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl.
Using wet hands, form cheese mixture into 1-inch balls then roll in herbs to coat, pressing herbs to adhere if needed.
- 12 slices bacon
- ½ cup (60g) chopped pecans
- 4 oz (110g) cream cheese, cut into chunks, room temperature
- 1 lemon, zested
- 8 oz (230g) Beemster Goat Cheese, grated
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- 4 cups (160g) fresh herbs (such as chives, parsley, and cilantro)
- Crackers, pretzel sticks, pita chips, baguette slices, to serve