Type: Main Course, Fondue
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Ready in: 20 min.
- Rub the bottom of a medium saucepan with the sliced garlic.
- Put the pan over high heat and immediately add the wine, stirring and scraping with a wooden spoon to dissolve the garlic residue.
- In a small bowl, toss together the two cheeses and the cornstarch.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the coated cheeses slowly.
- Stir continuously until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Season with black pepper and nutmeg.
- Serve the fondue immediately.
- 1 cup dark beer or white wine
- 3 cups shredded Beemster Vlaskaas
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp half and half
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Bread cubes, apple slices, veggies, etc. to serve