Type: Party Food, Dip
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Ready in: 25 min.
Creamy cheese and crispy chorizo make a deliciously addicting dip perfect for any party.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Dice the onion. Halve the peppers, remove the seeds, and dice into small pieces.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat add the olive oil. Sauté the onion, chorizo, green chiles, and half of the bell pepper. Sauté for 5-7 min. until chorizo is golden brown and onions and peppers are soft.
- In an ovenproof bowl or baking dish, add 1 cup mozzarella and 1 cup Beemster Farmer’s Choice. Add the chorizo mixture on top of the cheese and finish with an even layer of the remaining 1 cup Beemster and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 min. until cheese is melted and bubbling. Top with remaining half of the diced red bell pepper and cilantro. Serve immediately with a side of veggies and crusty toasted bread.
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 (4 oz) can green chiles, drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb fresh chorizo, crumbled
- 2 cups Beemster Farmer’s Choice, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro