- Directions Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan bring honey & ginger to a boil.
- Remove from heat and cover. Allow to steep while making crepe cake.
- Whisk together flour, milk, eggs, butter and salt into a smooth batter.
- Heat non-stick pan over medium heat. Brush pan with melted butter.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, tilt pan and pour 1/4 cup batter into pan. Swirl pan to coat completely. Should be very thin.
- Cook about 1 minute, until edges begin to curl in and turn golden.
- Flip and cook another 30 seconds, until crepe is set.
- Slide crepe onto lined baking sheet and sprinkle with Beemster.
- Repeat with remaining batter, continue stacking and sprinkling with Beemster as each crepe is finished.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Strain ginger infused honey into serving dish with spoon or honey dipper.
- Use a very sharp knife to cut crepe cake into slices, drizzle with honey.
Try adding chopped walnuts or pecans to the honey or in-between crepe layers.
For a time saver, look for prepared crepes in the Specialty, Bakery or Frozen department of your supermarket.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp butter plus more for pan, melted
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 4 1-inch cubes fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 cup Beemster Classic or XO (or a blend of both), grated