Type: Side Dish, Cornbread
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 40 min.
Ready in: 55 min.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease 8x8-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and ¼ tsp salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, mix eggs, milk, and melted butter. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. Add in corn, jalapeño, and Beemster. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 min. or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 10 min. and then cut into 2-inch squares. Serve warm.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Beemster Classic