Type: Enchiladas, Main
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
Ready in: 45 min.
Try our deconstructed enchilada recipe for a one-pan weeknight dinner!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add yellow onion and bell peppers. Cook for 3-5 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add in cooked chicken, black beans, tomatoes and spices. Gently mix to combine. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Turn off flame/burner. Scoop skillet mixture into a heat-safe, medium bowl. Set aside.
- Layer up: In the empty skillet, coat pan with 2-3 big spoonfuls of enchilada sauce. Add a layer of quartered tortillas. Top with chicken & veg mixture. Generously sprinkle with Beemster.
- Repeat layering with sauce (drizzle) - tortilla -chicken mix - cheese until all ingredients are used. You should get 3 layers and end topped with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until enchiladas are golden brown on top, garnish with cilantro and scallions.
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, peeled & diced
- 6 corn tortillas, cut in quarters
- Cooked chicken (1 whole rotisserie, pulled or 3 breasts, sliced)
- Olive oil
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Beemster Classic, shredded
- 8oz red enchilada sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- Garnish: Cilantro, scallion