Type: Main Course, Soup
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Ready in: 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine Beemster Classic with flour.
- Divide cheese into 4 2-inch circles on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese melts and turns golden brown. Cool for 1 minute. Carefully slide the parchment off the sheet to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt butter in medium saucepot. Add onion and zucchini, cook 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Add milk and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Purée soup in batches in food processor or blender, or in pot with immersion blender.
- Return soup to pot, heat over medium heat and gradually stir in Beemster Vlaskaas until melted. Stir in herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with cheese crisps.
- 2 oz (about ½ cup) Beemster Aged, finely grated
- 1 tsp flour
- 6 oz (about ¾ cup) Beemster Vlaskaas, shredded
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives