Type: Side Dish
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Ready in: 30 min.
Please everyone with this trio of sliders each featuring the unique flavors of a different Beemster.
- Peel the onion and slice into rings. Add 1 tbsp oil to a skillet over medium heat and sauté the onions and mushrooms until soft, 10 min. Place in a bowl and cover loosely with foil.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium-high heat without oil or butter, fry the bacon until crispy, 5 min. Drain on a paper towel and cut the bacon in half.
- Form the ground beef into 6 2-oz patties. Heat a nonstick skillet with the remaining 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Season the patties with salt and pepper and cook for 3 min. Flip the patties and cook for 2 min. Reduce heat to low.
- Top 2 of the sliders with shredded Beemster Smoked, 2 of the sliders with Beemster Classic, and the remaining 2 sliders with Beemster Vlaskaas. Place a lid on the pan and allow the Beemster to melt.
- Meanwhile, spread 1 tbsp barbecue sauce on the bottom of 2 buns and top with the Smoked Beemster burgers. Top with sautéed mushrooms and onions and finish with a top bun.
- Spread 1 tbsp mayonnaise on the bottom of 2 buns. Top each with 1 piece of lettuce and a slice of tomato. Add the Beemster Classic burgers and top with 2 pieces of bacon and a top bun.
- Remove the skin and pit from the avocado and cut into slices. Place avocado slices on the remaining 2 buns and top with the Beemster Vlaskaas burgers. Finish with a drizzle of hot sauce and top with top bun half. Serve the trio of Beemster sliders immediately.
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 slices bacon
- 12 oz ground round
- 1/3 cup Beemster Smoked, shredded
- 1/3 cup Beemster Classic, shredded
- 1/3 cup Beemster Vlaskaas, shredded
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 6 slider buns, preferably brioche
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 pieces bibb lettuce
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- ½ avocado
- 2 tsp hot sauce