Type: Main Course, Burger
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
Ready in: 45 min.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring frequently until very tender and caramelized, about 20 min.
- Form ground beef into 8 (4-inch) patties. In center of 4 patties, arrange 1½ tbsp onions and 3 tbsp Beemster. Place remaining patties on top and press to seal edges.
- Place burgers on grill and cook over medium heat turning once, until burgers are cooked through, about 12 min. Top with bacon and remaining 1 cup Beemster; grill until melted. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, and any remaining caramelized onions.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1⅓ lb ground beef
- 1¼ cups shredded Beemster Vlaskaas
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 4 hamburger buns
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices (optional)