Type: Side Dish, Pasta
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Ready in: 30 min.
This delicious pasta dish featuring fresh cracked pepper is popping up everywhere. Here is our version featuring Beemster X-O.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/3 cup pasta water and drain the pasta.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat and add the rainbow peppercorns and red chili flakes. Toast for 1 min. until fragrant.
- Add reserved pasta water to the butter mixture and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and add 1 cup grated Beemster X-O. Stir until melted. Add the pasta and toss to coat. Garnish with remaining ¼ cup of Beemster X-O. Serve immediately.
TIP: Swap out Beemster X-O for Beemster Classic for an equally delicious dish.
- ½ (1 lb) box Bucatini pasta, or other thick pasta
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp fresh cracked rainbow peppercorns, or black peppercorns
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 1¼ cup Beemster X-O, shredded