Type: Appetizer, Dip
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 5 min.
Ready in: 10 min.
This creamy Beemster dip is delicious paired with everything from sliced fruit to soft-baked pretzels.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk to combine for 1 min.
- Lower the heat and add the milk. Stir to combine. Add the beer and whiskey and bring to a simmer, whisking for 2 min.
- Stir in the garlic powder and 1 tsp paprika. Remove from heat and stir in 2½ cups Beemster until melted.
- Pour into a bowl and top with remaining ½ cup cheese and dust with additional paprika. Serve with apple, pear, fennel slices, rustic, thick homestyle pretzels, and pieces of toasted bread.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ cup dark or amber beer
- 1 ½ tsp whiskey (Scotch or Irish)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika, plus additional for garnish
- 3 cups Beemster Classic, shredded