Type: Appetizer, Flatbread
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
Ready in: 40 min.
Crispy Prosciutto and sweet onions are the perfect toppings for this cheesy flatbread.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Peel and halve the onion. Cut into thin slices. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the onions for 15 min, stirring occasionally until soft and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, Spray a foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a large rectangle that is 1/8-inch thick. Place on baking sheet.
- In a bowl mix together the olive oil, garlic, and sage. Brush evenly over the dough.
- Top the dough with Beemster and caramelized onions. Tear the prosciutto into pieces and divide over the onions, Bake for 15 min. until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Garnish with microgreens Serve immediately.
TIP: Try this recipe on precooked pizza crust or naan bread for an even faster take on this tasty recipe.
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- Cooking spray
- 1 (16 oz) fresh pizza dough
- 2 tbsp flour for dusting
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped sage
- 2 cups Beemster Paradiso Reserve, shredded
- 3 oz prosciutto
- Microgreens, to garnish