7 steps to create a perfect cheese platter
- Count the number of people participating in the party. Per person one needs about 100 grams in total but more is not a deadly sin!
- Make a selection of soft, blue, semi-hard and hard cheeses to buy.
- An average cheese platter consists of 7-9 cheeses depending on the expertise of the participants. Odd numbers are best.
- Make sure you have crackers, grapes, figs, apples and other condiments to serve with the cheeses.
- Whether you make plates per person or serve it on 1 big plateau; start tasting with soft cheeses and go through blue and semi-hard, always to end with semi-hard and hard cheeses.
- White wines go better with the softer cheeses and reds with the more robust tastes of the harder cheeses.
- Enjoy and do not get too frustrated when people change the order of tasting.
☺ Cheese at last is to be enjoyed! ☺